01 June, 2009

Lifers at the Old Pump House Road, Gohtong Jaya, 31 May 2009



DSC_0180

Lifer 1: Fire-Tufted Barbet ( Psilopogon pyrolophus)

I’ve heard so much about the Old Pump house Road as a birding destination so on Sunday I went with my son to tread the 6km journey. When the bird wave came at about 9.30am, the birds were all around us that it wasn’t easy to concentrate on the one in your viewfinder!
These photographs are my lifers.
Others seen and photographed:
-Grey-Chinned Minivets ( male and female)
-Large Woodshrike
-Bar-Winged Flycatcher-Shrike
-Black-Browed Barbet
-Spectacled Laughingthrush

Seen and heard but not photographed:
-Hornbill (unsure which species)

DSC_0198

DSC_0128 DSC_0140
Lifer 2: Sultan Tit (Melanochlora sultanea)
DSC_0161 DSC_0162
Lifer 3: Collared Babbler (Gampsorhynchus saturatior)
DSC_0224
Lifer 4: Orange-Bellied Leafbird (Chloropsis hardwickii)
After all that, I'm a much fitter person!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment