08 February, 2010

Purple-Backed Starlings

6th February 2010, Taman Melawati, Selangor

_DSC0480

_DSC0505

A female with brownish upperpart.

_DSC0555 

 

Only had  a few hours early morning before reporting for duty on Saturday and Sunday, so it’s backyard birding for this week.

It’s been almost a year since I last saw this bird. I’ve been observing them for a week, they fly in a big flock to feed on  a fruiting tree behind my house. They are the Purple-Backed Starlings (Sturnus sturninus)

_DSC0548

 _DSC0537


5 comments:

  1. they are cuter than the asian glossy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost time to leave, this year they are not so obvious. meaning do not see large flock of them that often

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that 'Perling' with food in the mouth.
    Fruiting 'Pohon Beringin' at the back of your house, you can wait for all kind of Barbet there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, barbets!Wait for my next post

    ReplyDelete