05 June, 2010

Incubating Whiskered Treeswift: Day 20

4thJune 2010, 6.00pm, Kemensah, Selangor.

The  male was on duty when I arrived.  I actually witnessed the ‘Changing of the Guards”, a simple  changeover where the female flew in next to the male and he flew off almost immediately after. It was  quick that it caught me out- I have no photos to show.

_DSC0239

The female  brought a piece of feather ( or maybe she managed to pluck one from the male before he flew off, Ouch……..!) . Some Ornithologists believe that the feathers used for the nest are their own, looking at the colour of this feather I would say that it could be true.

_DSC0243

The egg was still there and partially visible.

_DSC0249

She didn’t immediately sit on the egg but attended to some repair work to the nest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment