05 August, 2011

Green Broadbills: At last!

9th July 2011, Ulu Perdik, Selangor

 

You mean you haven’t got your Green Broadbills yet!  It’s the usual reaction that I get from other bird photographers/ birders when I tell them that I’ve yet to photograph this Broadbill.

Finally I can  close the book on  Broadbills after photographing my lastl species taht can be seen here  in Malaysia.

The day started with this beautiful female

DSC_2527

 

DSC_2536

The male has  black ear coverts , has more feathers on the upper mandilble

DSC_2876

 

DSC_2828

 

DSC_2829

 

DSC_2879

It seems that the female is more approachable and tend to stay longer on one perch than the male. The same was observed when we saw the female again on 30/07/11. The male came and went in  a matter of a few seconds.

DSC_3086

Most probably the same female shot on 30/07/11

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! on your excellent capture....at last you've got all the broadbills in Malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done tuan..salam ramadhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice,

    Does it includes the Whitehead's Broadbill and Hose's Broadbill ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup - I think you mean WEST Malaysia!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I should have qualified.....Peninsular Malaysia.My birding world is still relatively small, would love to venture out to new territories incldg East Malaysia. Thanks for highlighting Azahari & Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tahniah!,
    out of seven Peninsular species, I got only three.

    ReplyDelete